Douglas College is the largest public degree granting college in British Columbia, Canada. Founded in 1970, it maintains two campuses in Metro Vancouver, one in New Westminster and another in Coquitlam, and several small training centers in Surrey, Burnaby and Maple Ridge. The college was named after former Governor of British Columbia, Sir James Douglas.
Douglas College offers variety of programs including Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees, Associate Degrees, Short-term Non-credit Courses and Workshops through 6 faculties to over 25,000 students each year more than 4,000 of which are international students.
Why study at the Douglas College?
- Douglas is best known for combining the academic base of a university with the career-ready skills of a college. It is one of the largest and most affordable public colleges in British Columbia
- Douglas Students successfully transfer to University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Toronto, University of Alberta, McGill University and many more. It is the starting point to over 1,000 different degree programs across Canada
- Campuses can be reached in 30 minutes or less by SkyTrain from Metro Vancouver, making it one of the most accessible post-secondary institutions in Greater Vancouver
- Both campuses are equipped with Learning Center, Student Center, Theatre, Cafeteria. Electronic Library Facility, Gymnasium, Art Theatre, Day Care and Health Care
- More than 4,000 international students from 92 countries get enrolled at Douglas each year
- Offers financial aid to international students in the form of scholarships, awards, bursaries, fee waivers and so on.
- Douglas provides on-campus and off-campus work opportunities for international students under its work-study program
- Vancouver, the third most livable city in the world with the mildest climate in the country, is right at your doorstep while studying in Douglas College
- Downtown Vancouver, known as Canada's largest industrial center and the heart of BC province, is less than 30 minutes driving distance from Douglas College
- British Columbia, with Vancouver as its commercial hub, has the most prosperous economy within Canada making it easier for international students to get jobs
- Most MNCs and Foreign giants like Ericsson, IBM, Intel, Kodak, Microsoft, Nokia, HSBC etc. have their HQ in Vancouver, so do a number of mining and forestry companies
- Students can easily seek on-campus and off-campus part-time and summer jobs to earn additional experience and extra money whenever they want
- World Rank: 7127 (Webometrics)
- National Rank: 97 (Webometrics)
Douglas College offers variety of programs including Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees, Associate Degrees, Short-term Non-credit Courses and Workshops through 6 faculties.
Please kindly click on the link to see the list of UG/PG Programs offered by the Douglas College - Douglas College Programs
Entry Requirements, Deadlines
Please kindly click on the link to see the UG/PG Programs Entry Requirements - Programs Entry Requirements
Please click on the link to see UG/PG Programs Application Deadline - UG Application Deadline
English Language Requirements
Please click on the link to see UG/PG Programs English Language Requirements - Program ELR
Please click on the link to see the Tuition Fees for UG/PG Programs - Douglas College UG/PG Programs Tuition Fees
The main intakes offered by Douglas College are September (Fall Semester), January (Spring Semester), May (Summer Semester - for few programs)
Based on your academic results, TOEFL/IELTS score and GMAT/SAT/GRE/ACT score, you may obtain good scholarship. It depends on the courses. For International Discount and Scholarship please contact our office for details information. Kindly click on the link to visit Douglas College's Scholarship options - Douglas College Scholarship Page
Please kindly note that NHP Education Consultants is authorized to recruit students for English Language Course, all Undergraduate, all PgC programs.